Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Prompt#2 Television Violence

Personally I think it all depends on the person to want to be violent. Television shows a lot of violence and ignorance but just because you see it doesn’t mean you have to become a part of it or a menace to anyone. I think television and music affect weak minded people and people who just don’t care about life or themselves.
Violence has been a part of our society way before I was even born. So I don’t think it’s just television, the past and what parents teach their children has a lot to do with it also. Television has an impact but I don’t think it has that much of an impact so I agree but I also disagree.
Even though the rappers now days talk about violence, sex, and drugs don’t mean it has to affect others. I listen to all types of music and I’m fine, others that feed off of the music and television are either trying to be something there not, or putting on a front to be accepted somewhere. There are some shows that I love to watch with violence and ignorance but it don’t affect me none. For example I love this show called “The Bad Girls Club”. It comes on oxygen on Tuesdays and I watch every episode. There are girls that have no class, that fight each other and then become friends again, they don’t know how to act when they go out to clubs, and they  are always ending  up fighting someone at the club about something so little. It is very stupid to me how people try to put on shows for other people to accept them. I personally think people that try to hard never get accepted because someone can always tell when they not being themselves.
I think I’m to pretty to be fighting someone over little things; like people calling me names, boys, and he say she say situations. I would never fight my friends or harm anyone I have love for.
The rappers that talk about drugs, sex, and violence could never influence me to smoke anything, or do any harm to myself or my body. For one marijuana kill brain cells , and I need all my brains cells for my future. I feel to highly of myself to harm my body and my future. I think its very unlady like. No one could ever make me do anything if I don’t want to and I truly believe that.
On the other hand as to where I feel highly about myself the next person might not feel so high, they may feel so low about themselves that want to harm anything and anyone. Some people have low self-esteem, and some people have been through several different things that I probably never experienced before, some people may be weak minded to where I’m not and get influenced very fast by television. Some people may have some much angry and stress build up to where they feel violence is how they have to let it out so it could influence our society. in my psychology class I was told that people that usually harm people have been through something really tough and something happen to where they just go crazy.




No comments:

Post a Comment